< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Jim Blaut

by Sam Pawlett

17 November 2000 08:13 UTC

I was shocked to hear of Jim's passing, I didn't know his age or of his
health problems. I didn't always agree with him but I,and doubtless many
others, learned a lot from
Jim  both from his published work and exchanges on
the internet and was hoping to learn more. His work on Euro-centrism in
Marxism and historiography in general is a tremendous contribution that
should be widely known and studied by everyone. I was always impressed
with how generous Jim was with his time explaining things to us younger
scholars and activists. The left has lost a great
scholar and activist and will have to work hard to pick up where he left
off. I'll never forget him.

Sam Pawlett