< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Edward Said - American Zionism (3)

by wwagar

11 November 2000 20:53 UTC

Alan--

        If oil and capitalism and profits were all that really motivate
the United States, why have "we" never cut Israel loose?  I insist that
the U.S. commitment to Israel runs contrary to the vital national
interests of the U.S. as an imperialist-capitalist-hegemonic Superpower.
You are teetering on the brink of vulgar Marxism if you think that U.S.
Middle East policy is all that cut-and-dried.  Sentiment does matter.

        Warren