< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: intsoc RC21 call for papers

by David Smith

13 September 2000 23:28 UTC

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 72nd Annual Meeting of the Pacific Sociological Association will be
held in San Francisco, California, March 29-April 1, 2001 (no fooling!).
The overall theme of the conference is is "Transformations: Social
Activism and Social Change."  It should be a good gathering in a
attractive venue (the precise site for the conference is the Cathedral
Hill Hotel on Van Nes at Geary, near the SF Civic Center).

Submissions to various panels are open until OCTOBER 15, 2000.  You are
invited to submitted papers or extended abstracts (a two or three page
summary of your proposed presentation).

There are a number of interesting panels that are being organized at the
conference, including several on the generic topic of "globalization."  I
would like to take this opportunity to particularly alert members of the
list to one that I am organizing, which I have deliberately drawn broadly
and hope will include papers on a variety of topics & from divergent
perspectives, entitled, GLOBALIZATION: PANACEA OR PROBLEM?  Please send
submissions to me via e-mail at this address (dasmith@uci.edu) or via
snail mail: David A. Smith, Department of Sociology, UC-Irvine, Irvine, CA
92697-5100.  I welcome inquiries, as well as abstracts that are somewhat
tentative and/or "open-ended."

thanx,

dave smith
sociology, uci