< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Information about the "Crashlist"

by Mark Jones

29 July 2000 07:49 UTC

The CrashList is moving to a new and reliable server, at
wwpublish.com. It's focus will remain as before to discuss with
theoretical rigour and in depth, issues arising on the CrashList: the
political economy of capitalist crisis, with reports, analysis,
prognoses and actualities. Special emphasis is placed on global
linkages and on wider social, historical, political and ecological
dimensions/repercussions. The CrashList is a resource for activists
and an attempt to understand the dynamic linkages between economic and
social crises, and looming environmental catastrophe. Numerous
alternative axes of theory are possible and therefore permissible and
strictly-speaking all that is required for participation in the
CrashList is logical rigour and topicality; theoretical provenance is
a subordinate issue.

There is one change: messages will no longer be previewed. This will
allow greater flexibility and faster-moving debates, and also get me
off a hook of my own devising. Moderation will be confined to ensuring
that threads stay on topic and the usual conventions of netiquette,
such as they are, are observed. I hope that this change will meet with
general approval but please note that it is likely to result in higher
volume than before.

To subscribe to the CrashList send email to:

<crashlist-request@lists.wwpublish.com>

and in the subject line or in the body of the message put the word
<subscribe>.

The CrashLst  Info page is at:

The CrashList Website is at:
 http://website.lineone.net/~resource_base

The CrashList-talk message archive is at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/CrashList-talk

(note: CrashList-talk is now closed, and its members transferred to
the new Crashlist@wwwpublish.com)

CrashList is moderated by historian and writer Mark Jones.
Comments/queries wlecome. You can write me direct at:
<jones118@lineone.net>

Mark Jones