< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Neo-conservatism and workers

by Georges Drouet

19 July 2000 08:04 UTC

Following Gert Kohler post, I would say I agree his analysis on the new
stratus of world system classes.

As the gap in between first world (FW), developing countries (DC) and third
world (TW) is increasing at an exponencial speed, ruling classes decided,
probably during the Cold War, to avoid any kind of revolution's germs in
their own first world population.

As the international labour distribution is concentrating management jobs
in the FW countries, FW's working classes are  engaged in terciary
activities sector. Secondary sector, commodities transformation and
"maquila" (ensambling) have been sent to DC countries because of the low
social rules and primary sector are delegated to TW which population could
die working without any political reaction...

So the world system distribution of work have created a huge difference
between FW, DC and TW working class. I mean, a Belgian low class worker
usually owns a car, live in a house with all the domestic appliances he
might need (television, refrigerator, vacuum, sound system, etc) meantime a
Mexican worker difficultly owns a small house, a refrigerator and a tv, and
an Angolan worker would be happy with a room and a bike.

FW workers are now a consumers class. They are a basic element of the
capitalist system. They receive enough money, just enough, to be kept quite
(food, football and tv-games), when the TW people is exploited.

All this system is based on competition, and workers are used as pieces of
the big engine.

As SP members we propose another system in which long-term development is
the key idea, we are very interested in receiving your comments on our
proposal.

We look forward to your comments after visiting our site: http://www.simpol.org

Thank you.

Georges Drouet