< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Gore, Bush and another Gulf War?

by wwagar

30 June 2000 05:13 UTC

Dear Progressive Sociologists,

        Thanks for belaboring the obvious.  Our "choice" in November will
be between Al Gore, who will select Supreme Court Justices slightly to the
left of center likely to uphold a woman's reproductive rights and throw a
bone or two (or three!) to the nation's poor, and George W., who will do
neither.  Period.  As for Iraq, Israel, or virtually anything else, the
differences will be negligible.  Get real!  I have often and properly been
accused of utopianism, but when it comes to Election 2000, I know where my
vote will go.

        So should yours.

        As for Ralph Nader, he's wonderful, but just let's PRAY that
he will be cancelled out by Pat Buchanan.

        Pragmatically (what!?),

        Warren