< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: population and environment

by Andrew Wayne Austin

17 June 2000 20:54 UTC

Jeffrey,

I should have noted that the context was the mid-decade anti-immigrant
fervor. I think what the Democrat thought was so stupid was how
transparent the whole discussion was given the Republicans very public
immigrant-bashing stance that they were trying to find some way to protect
agricapitalists in California. The fraction was getting help from Marlon
Brando at the time, I recall, saying something about ordinary white folk
not stooping to pick up strawberries. (Wasn't he was also criticizing
Hollywood for being "Jew-controlled"? All this thought sort of runs
together.)

Andrew Austin
Knoxville, TN