< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Information requested: US finance capital? which fraction ofthe bourgeosie? (70s vs 90s) (fwd)

by Richard N Hutchinson

16 June 2000 22:32 UTC

Mine-

Ah, good old power structure research.

Two sources that are particularly useful on the question of bank control,
and finance capital, and its relation to corporate capital, are:

Mintz, Beth and Michael Schwartz.  1985.  The Power Structure of American
        Business.  U. of Chicago Press.

Kotz, David M.  1978.  Bank Control of Large Corporations in the United
        States.  U. of California Press.

Kotz summarizes the important work of the Soviet scholar Menshikov
(Millionaires and Managers, Moscow, 1969).

I try to follow this field, and I know of no works that have updated the
two works I've cited.  Domhoff is great, of course, but his work focuses
on evidence for, and a theory of, the existence of a ruling class/elite,
and he doesn't take it farther into the murky depths of factions.

Good luck!

Richard