< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Overpopulation of Straw People

by Alan Spector

05 June 2000 23:16 UTC

Richard Hutchinson wrote:

>2)
>Your claim that noone in the "no problem" camp actually supports unlimited
>population growth is the first time that's been said.
>
>Bravo!

------------------------------
It is NOT the first time it was said. Rather, most of the critics of your
position said that it is the WRONG question to ask at this time.

On the micro-level, it might be appropriate to consider whether a particular
neighborhood or city has a population density that is harmful to the people.

On the macro-level, it would be appropriate after we are rid of the
genocidal system of capitalism which wastes enormous resources and destroys
billions of lives.

Of course there are biological limits; I doubt that the planet Earth can
support 6 trillion people, for example.  But right now, the capitalists
control the governments of the world. Sorry if this sounds so dogmatic, but
that's just how I see it. And any "macro" strategy of limiting population
does play into their hands, their strategy of manipulating labor market
forces and political control, just as any "macro" strategy of coercing
population growth similarly plays into their hands/their strategy of
manipulating labor market forces and political control.  Whether or not
anyone understands it, these strategies do play into their hands, and
therefore, do strengthen their hands.

The "paradise" of Kerala functions with the permission, more or less, of the
central Indian government. If the leaders of Kerala posed any serious threat
to the imperialist mass murderers, they'd be out of power faster than you
can say "Sukarno" or "Allende."

Alan Spector

P.S. By the way, the Catholic Church has a history of supporting the
DE-population of rather large numbers of people in Asia, Africa, and Latin
America, despite their "pro-life" rhetoric.