< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: new paradigm in pop policy (fwd)

by Andrew Wayne Austin

05 June 2000 05:41 UTC

Mine,

He uses the construct of polyarchy because that is the model that the
transnational policymaker operates from and wishes to establish in the
periphery. Thus Robinson's work is both a critique of polyarchy at the
same time a recognition of the fact that this is the model that is
deployed. Robert Dahl's characterization of the working of political
system at the level of abstraction he takes it is relatively accurate
(taken at a deeper level, it is of course deeply contradicted). Robinson's
critique is that Dahl and others should find this to be desirable and
impose it upon the rest of the world.

Andrew Austin
Knoxville, TN