< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Fwd: Re: population vs. technology/consumption (Yo)

by John Walsh

31 May 2000 14:57 UTC

would nevertheless broadly agree, I have a couple of points to offer:

(i) he argues that he knows no men who wish women to give birth to twenty
chilren or more, although accepting that he does not every man in the
world.
Well, I have come across men in this position and while their circumstances
vary they are similar in their belief that what they have done is correct
in
one way or another;

(ii) He argues that there is a tendency to view people with large families
from poor or lesser developed countries as licentious and, removing emotive
terms, misguided. Again, I have not found this in my research among people
seriously dealing with such issues (and we can if you wish quibble about
who
is or who is not serious). I find that most people recognise that people in
such circumstances are involved with the importance of maintaining families
and that having large numbers of offspring is widely considered to be the
best way to achieve this.

Best wishes,

John Walsh