< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Politely written--hoping this doesn't start another round onbiology (fwd)

by md7148

22 May 2000 17:42 UTC

I am politely asking the owner of the list serv to warn list members
about not abusing people privately. I have been receiving e-mails from
DeVita for two days depsite my attempts to cut off the thread privately,
and his (her) abuse still continues in a derogatory fashion. If people
have any ideas, complaints or even affronts regarding something, they
should post them on the list serv rather than communicating  personally.

what should i do? should I use a filter to avoid unwanted private
messages?

I AM TELLING. DO NOT AGAIN CONTACT ME _PRIVATELY_ !!  I have other things
to do..

Mine

>---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 17:27:55
>>-0700 From: lldsa@mail.anonymizer.com To: md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu
>>Subject: Re: Politely written--hoping this doesn't start another round
on
>>biology (fwd)
>
>>Please don't start again on sociobiology.
>
>>Sociobiology has nothing to do with racial anything.
>
>>Nine tenths of what appears on this list about sociobiology is just
wrong,
>>ill-informed.
>
>Talk about something you know about.
>
>>L. L. DeVita
>

>>actually, Boris, socio-biology is not contradicting theology! One can
>>find many amazing similarities between racial interperatations of Bible
>>and socio-biological assesment of the superiority of some races. I BET
>>you. A a hard core white protestant or catholic would have no problems
>>with socio-biology, just as a secular supposedly atheist socio-biologist
>>would have no problems with religion. Remember that eugenic racist
>>discourses were the product of the 1930s, and took root in a highly
>>prutanist country like the US.
>>

>>Spector put nicely: socio-biology is an updated version of "Original Sin
>>Theology"
>>

>>Mine Doyran
>>SUNY/Albany

Laurenc L. DeVita MA

Sociology is the Queen of sciences, the sage of philosophies.  The parts of
the atom are complex and ethereal but not so much as the studiers of the
atom.