< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Cheap tix to DC/Baltimore (fwd)

by Mick Drake

17 May 2000 09:28 UTC

Perhaps we should rename the list? Does no-one ever stop to
condider the extent to which the overwhelmingly US-vantage
point of this list is itself a mode of hegemony within
the critical theory of world-systems?
This has evidently become so much an accepted and unspoken
background to this stream of thought that the list is
now even used to exchange the commercio-cultural
'cosmopolitan' chatter of the priveleged intellectual US
hegemonic elite.
Mick Drake