< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Ask for Green Cars

by Bruce Podobnik

12 May 2000 21:01 UTC

As many of you undoubtedly know, there are a
variety of new, less-polluting cars that are on
the verge of being mass-produced.  However,
the large US, European, and Japanese auto
manufacturers who have developed these
cars are uncertain as to the level of consumer
demand that might exist for low-emissions vehicles.
Currently, consumers who want those SUVs
capable of climbing all the mountains we regularly
encounter in our urban lives are speaking with the
loudest voice in the market place.  Consider
sending a postcard to the auto manufacturers,
letting them know that you are interested in
more environmentally-friendly cars.  To
do this, you can go to the following website:

http://www.earthday.net/action/greencars.stm

It may be a small step, but why not give it
a shot?  Feel free to forward this message
to anyone you think would be interested.

Bruce Podobnik
podobnik@lclark.edu