< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Publication year?

by magellan

12 May 2000 19:00 UTC

        --Original message--

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 13:39:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu
Subject: Publication year?
To: WORLD SYSTEMS NETWORK <wsn@csf.colorado.edu>

What was the exact publication year of Lenin's Imperialism? I FORGAT! It
must be after Hilferding's _Finance Capital_ (1911 or 1912).Can somebody
remind me this please? I am writing a panel abs now, and I
need this info in two hours.. I don't see it Lenin's collected works, and
my connection to library's web page is blocked due to damn back up
system..

any info is appreciated..

thanks very much,

Mine Doyran
Political Science
Phd Student
SUNY/Albany

###########################

Dear Mine:

        Hilferdig's  _Das Finanzkapital_   was first published in 1910.

        Lenin's  _Imperialism, the Highest  etc._   was written between
January
and June, 1916.

        Hobson's  _Imperialism_  is dated 1902.

        Bukharin's  _The Political Economy of the Rentier_  was published
in 1913;
  _Imperialism and the World Economy_, in 1915;   _On the Theory of the
Imperialist State_,  1916;   _Imperialism and Capital Accumulation_, 1927.

        The preface by  Lenin  to  Bukharin's  _Imperialism and the World
Economy_, is dated of December, 1915;  it was deemed lost but was found and
published in the _Pravda_  on January 21, 1927.

        Don't forget to mention the work on super-imperialism by Kautsky
(I don't
know its publication year, but it is before Lenin's  _Imperialism).

In solidarity,
Roberto Magellan

Paix entre nous, guerre aux tyrans  (....)
Ouvriers, paysans, nous sommes
Le grand PARTI DES TRAVAILLEURS.  (L' Internationale)