< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Hegemony and Control, was "question folks"

by Dennis R Redmond

08 May 2000 22:08 UTC

On Mon, 8 May 2000 ilagardien@worldbank.org wrote:

> In short, the global ideological and cultural hegemony that the United
> States established after the Second World War and which we have been told
> triumphed after the end of the Cold War with the Soviet Union, represents
> sufficient evidence that ONE COUNTRY may well, "control" the global
>economy
> - purely by dint of the global economic order it has established.

What about the EU banking system, which is the biggest creditor to the
planet? And what about the fact that the US owes Japan and Europe $2
trillion and is dependent on $350 billion of foreign money per annum?
In the good old days, the US could print the money, but the point
of the euro is to take away this option, right?

-- Dennis