< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: GLOBAL KEYNESIANISM

by Paul Riesz

02 May 2000 00:36 UTC

To Andrew:
You said in your last posting:
"You still have not owned up to the exploitative reality of capitalism,
Keynesian or otherwise.
There is some confusion in your writing on policy issues, I think. If you
support Keynesian strategies, how do these square with neoliberalism? How
is it that people have a say-so under neoliberal capitalism? Isn't the goal
of neoliberalism to decouple to the maximum popular polity and
macroeconomy?"

You do not seem to read my messages.
I am not at all defending the excesses of the present neoliberal policies,
but recommend Keynesianism to eliminate such excesses. The outcome might
not be heaven on earth, but is the best alternative available, until you or
your fellow Marxist explain, how a non-exploitative system will come into
being after the expected breakdown of the present world order or to comment
on my predictions on the outcome of such an event.

As to people's say-so under neo-liberalism I have mentioned that the
effectivity of these mechanisms has been reduced lately, but that they
still exist and can be applied, if there is the will to do so, while there
were NONE under the Soviet regime.

Regards Paul Riesz