< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Still baffled

by The McDonald Family

30 April 2000 01:32 UTC

At 06:21 PM 4/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>In everything you write there is no *political* analysis of the
>significnace of the difference. The obvious explanation of why the
>difference is *politically* significant is the racist one: it happened to
>them, not us. I don't buy it.

I'm sorry? In the posting to which you replied, I stated that the residents
of imperialist countries -- specifically including modern France and Japan,
but capable of being applied to any other imperial or colonial power --
often viewed imperialism as necessary in order to ward off foreign
domination, often in the form of totalitarian dictatorships.

Please tell me what you mean by the "political" significance of the
difference, please.