< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: multilevel dialectical global totality

by Andrew Wayne Austin

20 April 2000 16:06 UTC

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, g kohler wrote:

>Learn from the world's women (American women, at least):
>BEDROOM level action: behave, no wife beating
>DINING ROOM level action: behave, no sexist language, no more "chicks"
>JOB PLACE level: behave, no more sexual exploitation of female staff
>COURT level: behave, pay up for your woman and kids
>NATIONAL POLITICAL level: behave, legislation--Equal Rights Amendsments
>etc.
>Women have figured this all out -- it's a multilevel dialectical totality.

There is no ERA in US. In 1960 in US the average income for women was 42
percent of what men earned. In lastest statistics, US women earned 56
percent of the average male income. What is more, women are being beaten
as I write this, men still use sexist language everywhere (the consumer
media is built upon a foundation of sexism), women still suffer extensive
job discrimination, and men still abandon their families (although very
often for the better). Capitalism reproduces the patriarchy as a matter of
course, and that includes keynesianism.

I do not understand what Amin's favorable impression of a global keynesian
scheme has to do with the fact that keynesianism is a capitalist program.
Is this a variant of the good intentions fallacy?

Andrew Austin
Knoxville, TN