< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Journal of World-Systems Research (for instance)

by kpmoseley

27 March 2000 15:58 UTC

Dear friends,
        Perhaps my machine grinds and malingers more than most, but I do
find
that email messages that come as attachments -- especially attachments
leading to the web -- take up extra, and sometimes inordinate, amounts of
time to open and read. Would like to request that (a) we use
copy-and-paste instead, where feasible; or (b) append a short description
of  the contents of the attachment, so one might make an informed
decision about opening it or not.
        In ecological perspective... think of the time spent opening
attachments
multiplied by the number of members of this and other lists...and the
time that electric lines and cables are occupied as a result.... All JUNO
transactions, by the way, occur off-line, except for actual
transmissions. Much more restful!
        Many thanks for considering this,
        kpm