< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

[Fwd: Lectureships Opening]

by christopher chase-dunn

21 March 2000 20:40 UTC

To: Members of the International Sociological Association

Three Lectureships
Department of Sociology
The University of Reading
United Kingdom

Following the appointment of a new head of department in October
1999, the University has embarked on a policy of swiftly
strengthening the staffing profile of its Department of
Sociology over the next few years. This year, we are inviting
applications for the above posts tenable from October 1st, 2000.

While we seek to attract the best scholars in the discipline, we
are particularly keen in building clusters of excellence in
Political Sociology, Historical Sociology, and Sociology of
Culture broadly conceived.  We are also looking at building
methodological strengths in the department. The holders of the
3-year post and of at least one of the permanent posts must
possess strong quantitative skills.  They must show evidence of
using quantitative methods in their research.  Applicants with
methodological skills in the computer-based analysis of texts
and network models are also welcome.

All three posts are Lecturer Grade A (GBP 17,238 to GBP 22,579). Two
posts are permanent subject to a probationary period and one is
offered as a three year fixed term contract.

For further information on the department on these posts and for
a downloadable copy of the application form visit our web site
at http://www.rdg.ac.uk/sociology  or contact us directly by
email on sociology@reading.ac.uk

Application form and further particulars available from the
Personnel Office
The University of Reading
Whiteknights, POBox 217
Reading, RG6 6AH.
Telephone (0118) 931 6771
Email personnel@reading.ac.uk.
Please quote reference AC0020

Closing date for applications is April 20, 2000.