< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Unequal exhange Kohler papers

by Emilio José Chaves

02 March 2000 00:47 UTC

Hello, WSNerds,
The papers written by Gert on unequal exchange are extremely important to
understand global economics as a system. They came in the right moment when
IMF/WB and neoliberal political-economy are increasingly questioned all
over
the world (Seattle, Washington D.C., Thirld World,..). In the name of the
South people, let me express my public recognition to Gert and to WSN
people
for their unvaluable contribution, which will open new roads for
understanding, research and global action.
Of course, my words are necessarily biased, mainly after exchanging several
personal emails with Gert. But what you do not know is that he was so kind,
that although we have never met, he took time from his to help me with
comments, suggestions and, even more, in editing some papers of mine about
world system economics proposal.
The key point is that contrary to mainstream theories, the best hopes in
research are coming from alternative and underground thinkers and
researches, and Gert Kohler's job, which defends by itself, is a great
example of those good people in advanced nations that are working and
struggling at different fields to build a fair future world with social,
cultural and ecological justice.
So, let's celebrate the moment. Thanks, Emilio