< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: China Concerns

by Jozsef Borocz

25 February 2000 16:41 UTC

IMHO, the heavier implication of Bruce's message was not about human rights,
and not even about whether the "Asian nations" (what a historically precise,
culturally articulate and respectful category!) will go for market shares
militarily. The point is the danger of all-out war. Unilateral actions on
part of the current hegemonic core powers are more than sufficient to put an
end to human existence on earth as we know it. And we know from both Gulf
wars and the Yugoslav war that they will not hesitate to act on highly
questionable calculations on sight of visible enough challenges, no matter
how insignificant. The challenge posed by China will not be insignificant.

Jozsef Borocz