< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Announcing a New Journal

by Myron Orleans

22 February 2000 08:20 UTC

The Department of Sociology and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Cal State Fullerton are proud to announce the launch of the inaugural issue of Journal of Mundane Behavior, a new online interdisciplinary journal devoted to the intensive examination of the ordinary, the processes that go into constructing ideas of "the mundane," and methods for studying the quotidian and everyday.  Members of the editorial board include academics and independent scholars from the US, Canada, the UK, and Sweden.

The journal is available at <http://www.mundanebehavior.org/>.  Articles can be viewed online, or a printable version of the journal can be downloaded for free in PDF (Acrobat Reader) format.  The journal is also accepting submissions for future issues, which will be published three times yearly (February/June/October).

We invite you to join us in the pursuit of new ways of understanding those spaces that we inhabit during the largest part of our lives.

Please circulate and post on appropriate lists.  Apologies for multiple postings.

Scott Schaffer, <sschaffer@fullerton.edu> Founding and Managing Editor
Myron Orleans, <morleans@fullerton.edu> Founding  Co-Editor
    CSUF