< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: SSSP session on Democratic Party, comment

by Andrew Wayne Austin

16 February 2000 15:44 UTC

The dichotomy between the state as a collection of political actors and a
structural feature of a historical system is problematic. We should resist
the instrumentalist versus structuralist division while incorporating into
a unified field of thought the best insights and methods from these
divisions. Gramsci's work goes a long way to getting past the
structuralist-instrumentalist divide.

Andy