< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Austrian fascism

by George Pennefather

05 February 2000 09:03 UTC

The only correct way to fight fascism in Austria is by fighting against the
source of
fascism --monopoly capitalism. Ranting and raving outside Austrian
embassies simply plays
into the hands of both fascism and the EU.

The EU have mobilised against Austrian fascism joining the government. They
are simply
doing this to protect the imperialist EU. This represents a new turn by the
EU to control
domestic politics more directly. This indicates the growing danger of the
EU to the
democracies of individual countries. If a very radically left party wins
power they may
just as likely mobilise against that government too. The more success the
EU has in
controlling and even dictating the politics of individual countries the
more despotic it
becomes --thereby sharing some of the characteristics of fascism.

As I said the best way to fight fascism is by fighting imperialism  --not
assisting it by
going along with the imperialist EU. Indeed it is the EU that has helped
create conditions
for the emergence of fascism.

Simply protesting against a fascist element existing in the Austrian
government as many of
these protesters are is mere liberalism. It wants capitalism but a
respectable capitalism.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following
address:
mailto:rev-commies-subscribe@eGroups.com