< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: GLOBALIZATION

by Richard N Hutchinson

31 January 2000 17:00 UTC

This proposal for global Keynesianism runs into the same problems faced by
others over the past months -- it lacks praxis.  How do the forces for
globalization from below gain the power necessary to contest decisions?

NGOs can work at the international/transnational level, but for the
majority of working people, the nation-state arena is indispensable.  If
the popular forces cannot develop some form of power in that arena, they
will not have the power to succeed at the I/T level.

It's easy to write up a nice blueprint for how things ought to be, but
that does not make it so.  The challenge we need to be working on is the
HOW -- how do we bring it about?  New forms of praxis is the category of
the answer, but it's the particulars that matter.

RH