< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: the Frank challenge

by Boris Stremlin

30 January 2000 06:48 UTC

An interesting dilemma:

Either Frank is right and "capitalism" is an ideological construct, or
else he is wrong, capitalism exists, and it is "historical materialism"
which turns out to be an ideological approach to writing world history.
Either way, the notion that one can characterize distinct world-systems on
the basis production, exchange or even accumulation appears to be trapped
between Scylla and Charybdis.

--
Boris Stremlin
bc70219@binghamton.edu