< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Russett on the future structure of the international system

by AtUnite

25 January 2000 13:25 UTC

I agree with you that arms control is not the total answer to war.  We must
have a political, military, and economic union of the democracies.  The
door
must be left open for any other country to come in as soon as it meets the
criteria set up by the founding democracies.  Just as freedom, liberty, and
security have increased the bigger the U.S. has become, so the same will be
true as we unite the democracies.  The U.S. is the super power of today
because 13 colony states grew into 50 united states.  With all its faults
the
U.S. has the best form of government in the world.  We can improve it by
gaining a national initiative/referendum process similar to what 24 states
now have.  Please go to www.unitedpeople.org and sign the petition there
for
this national process, if you are so inclined.          Yours in Peace, Tom
Hudgens, President and CEO Association to Unite the Democracies.