< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: last questions on sociobiology (fwd)

by Richard N Hutchinson

15 December 1999 03:41 UTC

Jim decided to post his note to me to the list, so here is my response:

Jim-

No doubt there are some outright racists that use the cover of
"sociobiology" and "evolutionary psychology."

I just don't understand why you and others assume, in conspiratorial
fashion, that that's all there is to it.

It seems ironic to me that marxists, who claim that material reality
conditions what we think (it's a crude rendition, I know) would reject out
of hand a line of inquiry based on the hypothesis that our species'
biological reality might condition our behavior in significant ways.

Richard