Re: *War is good for the economy*
by KenRichard2002
31 October 2003 21:19 UTC

       the average american tax payer is said to have recieved somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 per tax return;  the news media is generating images of people walking in crowds in front of department stores; one in every 10 or 15 individuals is seen to be carrying a department store shopping bag.  For the average American, the tax cut was transfered from their purse or wallet to the gas station attendant but they aren't showing images of people participating in that transaction as of this time.  What the media are doing is prepping people psychologically for the trickle down effeccts of war time spending.  At the same time they are trying to stimulate the "keep up with the Jones" mentality as we head toward the Christmas season.  However,  individuals who are being either polled or interviewed are 3 to 1 in stating their lack of confidence in the economy.   To a great extent,  and without getting into the details,  our economy is centrally controlled and programmatic.