Moving Beyond Religion, Philosophy and Science
by Axel Dorscht
29 October 2003 21:02 UTC

APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTING
Please feel free to share the information with interested parties,
colleagues and friends.

       Moving beyond Religion, Philosophy and Science Understanding
              and Managing Human Existence and Development,
            Demands and Challenges, Problems and Difficulties

            Dealing with Persisting and Growing Human, Social
       and Environmental Problems and Difficulties at the Level of
             Human Mental Existence and Mental Development

              Changing, at the Level of Mental Existence
           and Mental Development, the Way of Understanding
             and Managing Human Existence and Development

                       Online Information Session
                         November 10-30, 2003

The Institute for Human Conceptual and Mental Development (IHCMD) is
presenting a free, three-week Online Information Session on sustaining
existence in changing conditions, mental existence and mental development.
Considering and understanding persisting and growing human, social and
environmental problems and difficulties at the level of mental existence
and mental development. Moving beyond religion, philosophy and science
understanding and managing human existence and development, demands and
challenges, problems and difficulties. Changing, at the level of mental
existence and mental development, the way we understand and manage human
existence and development. Changing the conceptual foundation and mental
practices that define and lie behind how as a species we understand and
manage human existence and development and the problems and difficulties we
face and create around the world today.

Please note, this is not a discussion about instant relief or short and
medium term measures addressing symptoms and consequences. The focus and
concentration are fundamental and long-term change addressing deeper-rooted
problems, causes and developments that lie behind the problems and
difficulties we face and we create. The approach is dealing with symptoms
and consequences through considering and addressing deeper-rooted problems,
causes and developments, to ensure they are part of the answers and
solutions and do not create more problems and difficulties. It is about
fundamental change at the level of human mental existence and mental
development. Understanding and managing, at a more fundamental level, in
depth and detail, in differentiated, connected and related ways, what takes
place, what we face, what we do and what we need to do, establish, develop
and maintain, individually in the mind and mental existence. Addressing
problems and difficulties, limits and shortcomings, errors and mistakes
understanding and managing, in the first instance, mental existence and
mental development. Changing the conceptual foundation and mental practices
that define and govern how, traditionally in the past and today, we
understand and manage existence and development.

The Institute for Human Conceptual and Mental Development is an
independent, non-profit organization advocating, promoting and facilitating
human conceptual and mental development, through research and study,
education and training, consulting, coaching and counselling. Understanding
and managing human existence and development, demands and challenges,
problems and difficulties at a more fundamental level, in depth and detail,
in differentiated, connected and related ways. Understanding and managing
them, in the first instance, at the level of mental existence and mental
development. Developing the necessary and appropriate understanding, mental
skills and practices.

The Online Information Session is an introduction to issues of fundamental
change in the way we understand and manage human existence and human
development, and the work of the Institute in this area. The Session
consists of the presentation of the issues and details of the work of IHCMD
in the area; focus, objectives, approach, background, conceptual
foundation, research and study, education and training in conceptual and
mental development. The Session includes questions and answers about the
material that will be presented and a discussion, questions and answers of
how given human, social or environmental problems and difficulties, demands
and challenges (to be raised by participants) are addressed by the approach
and direction presented.

Who should participate? Those interested in, concerned with and working
towards fundamental and long-term change beyond instant relieve, short and
medium-term measures addressing symptoms and consequences. Considering and
addressing deeper-rooted problems, causes and developments that lie behind
persisting and growing human, social and environmental problems and
difficulties we face and we create, individually and as a species, locally
and globally around the world today. Those concerned about traditional and
conventional views, approaches and practices of understanding and managing
existence and the direction of development taking the human species in the
direction of its premature demised in the long term at its own hands. Those
prepared, as a first step, to question themselves, their own views,
beliefs, values and practices, their way of understanding and managing
human existence and development.

To join the Online Information Session, send an e-mail to:

listserv@maelstrom.stjohns.edu

Leaving the Subject line blank, in the text of the e-mail enter the
following line:

Subscribe IHCMD-L1 Firstname Lastname, Organization, City, Country

(For example: Subscribe IHCMD-L1 Jane Doe, XYZ, Hope, Canada)

A copy of this announcement can be found on to the IHCMD web site, at
http://www.ihcmd.org, click on Events, and follow the lead. If you have any
questions about the Online Information Session, please contact Axel
Dorscht, at a.dorscht@ihcmd.org.

(To receive notification of future Online sessions, workshops, seminars and
courses, you can add your address to the IHCMD mailing list. Go to the
IHCMD web site, click on "Mailing List," and follow the instructions.)

 Dr. Axel Dorscht                        | Institute for Human Conceptual
 Tel: (613) 233-8354                     |  and Mental Development (IHCMD)
 E-mail: a.dorscht@ihcmd.org             | 9 Second Avenue, Suite 2
 Website: http://www.ihcmd.org           | Ottawa, ON  K1S 2H2  Canada