Re: civilizations?
by Seyed Javad
03 May 2002 20:50 UTC

Greetings,

It seems to me that there is a South-North division between those who want to have a realm of civilizationality and those who would prefer to jettison it altogether. Is it coicidental that those who are either born and bred in America and Western part of Europe more inclined to think of singular civilization than those who live in Russia and so-called Third World countires (Indians, Muslims, Chinese, Latin Americans)? I think a grain of ideology is not a bad thing to have, in particular for those who have resources to assert themselves than both individual and communal self-commitment.

Kind

 Seyed