< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

[Fwd: Comparing Cultures Call for papers]

by Chris Chase-Dunn

16 November 2000 21:00 UTC

International Sociological Association wrote:

> To: Members of the International Sociological Association
>
> Call for papers
>
> International conference
> Comparing Cultures. Dimensions of Culture in a Comparative Perspective
> Tilburg University, The Netherlands
> April 27, 2001
>
> Hosted by the Institute for Research on Intercultural
> Cooperation (IRIC) in collaboration with Globus, Institute for
> Globalization and Sustainable Development, and the Department of
> Social Sciences, all at Tilburg University, the Netherlands.
>
> In two plenary addresses and a forum discussion distinguished
> social scientists, such as Ron Inglehart, Harry Triandis, Shalom
> Schwartz, Geert Hofstede, and Wolfgang Jagodzinski, address one
> of the most intruging question in contemporary empirical
> cultural studies: what can we learn from the different sets of
> distinctive fundamental dimensions found in todays culture? The
> scholars mentioned have 'divided' the world of culture into
> competing sets of fundamental cultural dimensions and basic
> cultural axes. Comparing Cultures aims to explore common grounds
> from a cross-disciplinary perspective.
>
> The following paper sessions are anticipated:
>
> 1. Globalization, substate cultural diversity, and national culture
> 2. Cultural change, generations, and national culture
> 3. Methodological issues in national culture and cross-cultural research
> 4. Management of intercultural cooperation and the culture of
> nations and organizations
>
> Contributions to these sessions with a strong empirical
> perspective are very welcome. Good papers will be selected for
> publication.
> December 31, 2000 is the deadline for submitting abstracts for
> paper presentations in the afternoon paper sessions and for new
> sessions. For submitting papers, registration and more
> information see IRIC website http://iric.kub.nl and check the
> activities pages or contact
>
> Henk Vinken
> IRIC, Tilburg University
> P.O.Box 90153
> 5000 LE Tilburg
> The Netherlands
> tel: 31-13-4662816
> fax: 31-13-4663499
> e-mail: h.vinken@kub.nl
begin:vcard
n:Chase-Dunn;Christopher
tel;fax:909 787 3330
tel;work:909 787 2063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.irows.ucr.edu/cd/ccdhmpg.htm
org:University of California, Riverside;Sociology Department
adr:;;;Riverside;California;92521;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:chriscd@mail.ucr.edu
title:Distinguished Professor of Sociology
fn:Chris Chase-Dunn
end:vcard