< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Worker Despair

by Jeffrey L. Beatty

14 October 2000 07:45 UTC

This note is uncharacteristically terse for me, and I suppose it's more
"venting" than anything else, but here goes.

Unfortunately, psychologists are unlikely to have much to say to business
or to workers that gets at the root of the problem.  They are more likely
to try to teach people how to "adapt" to change rather than encourage
action to create a saner and more humane world in the first place.

I guess that's where political scientists, sociologists, anthropologists
and maybe even the few economists who are still not true-believing
free-marketeers come in.

--
Jeffrey L. Beatty
Doctoral Student

(o) 614/292-2880
(h) 614/688-0567

Email:  Beatty.4@osu.edu
If you fear making anyone mad, then you ultimately probe for the lowest
common denominator of human achievement-- President Jimmy Carter