< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Gore, Bush and another Gulf War?

by Mark Weigand

30 June 2000 17:25 UTC

Interesting approach to voting! I can't remember a more dull, nearly
invisible election year in which not even the mass media seem interested in
the campaign speeches or issues. Do they know something we don't? Has the
election already been decided somewhere? My students seem more disinterested
in politics than ever, even after I say something like, "You know,
Presidents start wars"! Can't say I blame them much though, especially this
year. Is it because the economy and Wall Street are "booming" that nobody
wants to rock the boat?  Complacency rules.

I agree that to breathe a little more life into politics, it would be
helpful to have candidates like Nader and Buchanan included in any future
debates. Perhaps it would force the candidates to temporarily abandon their
canned, robotic speeches.

Best wishes,
-=MW=