< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Publication

by Alan Webster

26 March 2000 05:54 UTC

Dear Chris
I'm enjoying the opportunity to absorb the many informative summaries, eg about the IMF and WTO (our Mike!) and about rich-poor issues. Your WS concepts seem to incorporate a dynamic humanism while staying with the systems concept of historic processes.

Can you pass on the following publication information to subscribers? Thank you.

Paul Perry and Alan Webster (1999), New Zealand Politics at the Turn of the Millennium: Attitudes and Values About Politics and Government. The Political Report of the Third New Zealand Study of Values. Alpha Publications. Distributed by Addenda, PO Box 78224, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand. Ph/fax 64 09 834 5511. Email: addenda@xtra.co.nz
Paperback, 101pp, 45 tables, plus questionnaire. Part of the World Values Survey.

We are currently writing the book of the whole 1998 study, including reference back to the 1985 and 1989 surveys and to the World Values Survey. The 1999 book preceded the 1999 General Election and accurately portrays the reasons why the free-market  government was ousted by a Labour coalition with strong interventionist policies, but which was not able to forestall the first body of Greens in this proportional representation political system. The rising popularity of the new government is predictable in the results shown in this book.

Alan Webster, Director, The New Zealand Study of Values.